Original story published on www.david-sadler.org
David Sadler For Congress (2002) 12th CD/Illinois
Watch the video on YouTube, Save The Internet!
Internet Freedom Under US Government Attack
by David Sadler
UPDATE: 2006.06.09: House Rejects Net Neutrality
"... the House voted 321 to 101 for the disingenuously-named Communications Opportunity, Promotion and Enhancement Act (COPE). That bill ... does not include ... network-neutrality protections ... [We are very close to] an 'information superhighway' for sites that pay fees for preferential treatment and a dirt road for sites that cannot pay the toll." The Senate takes up the issue. Net-neutrality MUST be codified, or the Internet will undergo HEAVY economic censorship.
The battle is here for the freedom of the Internet as the People's global network. The freedom is about to be snuffed out with a silent weapon in a quiet war to deny the People the ability to communicate, research and share uncensored, unfiltered political opinion. The weapon is the cost of posting your research, your opinion on the Internet. The dollars/euros/yen it will soon take for you to post, to email, to publish is the defense you don't have. You'll be outgunned by the corporations, special interests and governments who now control TV, cable, major newspapers and news magazines. The legislation to do this is working its way through the US Congress right now. If we defeat this one, there will be another one, and another one after that, as long as we do not elect congresspersons dedicated to a free, unregulated and untaxed Internet. Educate yourself on this issue now. Take action right now. You have been warned.
These organizations are fighting to keep the Internet free.
• Save The Internet
• Free Press: send a message through their website.
• Common Cause: send a message through their website.
• Center for Digital Democracy: has collected more sites and action items.
DoD Information Operation Roadmap (declassified / pdf)
• Information Operation Roadmap Part 1: Full Spectrum Information Warfare
• Information Operation Roadmap Part 2: Maximum Control of the Entire Electro-Magnetic Spectrum
• Information Operation Roadmap Part 3: "We Must Fight the Net"
• Information Operation Roadmap Part 4: Information Warfare Using Aggressive Psychological Operations
• Information Operation Roadmap Part 5: Information Warfare Without Limits
Read about this assault on your 1st Amendment here...
• Putin media decree arouses press freedom worries
• Chertoff warns of Web of terrorism
• Web censorship spreading globally
• House Rejects Net Neutrality / 06/09/2006
• American Samizdat
• Congress readies broad new digital copyright bill
• Apple: Should online journalists receive the same rights as traditional reporters?
• Save The Net - Congress Sells Out The American Public [network neutrality]
• America's war on the web [The Information Operations Roadmap]
• Rumsfeld Zeros in on the Internet
• US plans to 'fight the net' revealed
• AT&T Sends ALL Internet Traffic To NSA Says EFF
• Tenet calls for Internet security
• Chinese Internet dissident gets 10-year sentence
• The End of the Internet?
• Doomsday For The Internet As We Know It?
• Internet Censorship
• U.S. Tech Firms Help Governments Censor Internet
• Supreme Court's Brand X Decision Endangers the Principle of Net Neutrality
• Bloggers plead for freedom from election laws
• Justices Refuse to Shield Reports of False Charges
• Say no to Big Brother plan for Internet
• U.N. to control use of Internet?
• Congress proposes tax on all Net, data connections
• Net Neutrality Scores a Victory
David Sadler ran for Congress in the 12th Congressional District of Illinois in 2002 as a Republican. He advocates debates commence immediately between neo-conservatives and traditional conservatives. He maintains the neocons have hijacked the GOP, but that the neocons do not speak for traditional, liberty-minded conservatives. Energy independence through a Manhattan class national effort to develop New Energy sources is a corner stone of his plan to diminish the threat of terrorism against Americans and reform American imperialist foreign policies."
0) google Communications Opportunity, Promotion, and Enhancement Act of 2006 neutrality